Satanism: The Religion for Those on The Autism Spectrum?

The question may seem a bit silly to ask, of course.  Why should ONE particular religion stand-out among all others for people who have been diagnosed with Autism Spectrum Disorder? Why should it stand-out for those who are NOT on The Spectrum, for that matter? DOES it matter?

Two things to get out of-the-way prior to continuing: 1) what is Autism Spectrum Disorder and 2) What is Satanism?

I was formally diagnosed with Autism Spectrum Disorder in 2016.  You can read more about my journey here if so inclined.

There are very interesting parallels I have discovered between the two entities, as I continue a lifelong study of both.  Below, is a side-by-side comparison that supports my hypothesis:

luciferjoined
  • Do not give opinions or advice unless you are asked.
  • Do not tell your troubles to others unless you are sure they want to hear them.
  • When in another’s lair, show him respect or else do not go there.
  • If a guest in your lair annoys you, treat him cruelly and without mercy.
  • Do not make sexual advances unless you are given the mating signal.
  • Do not take that which does not belong to you unless it is a burden to the other person and he cries out to be relieved.
  • Acknowledge the power of magic if you have employed it successfully to obtain your desires. If you deny the power of magic after having called upon it with success, you will lose all you have obtained.
  • Do not complain about anything to which you need not subject yourself.
  • Do not harm little children.
  • Do not kill non-human animals unless you are attacked or for your food.
  • When walking in open territory, bother no one. If someone bothers you, ask him to stop. If he does not stop, destroy him.

source: Church of Satan
URL: https://www.churchofsatan.com/eleven-rules-of-earth/

Socially, we are typically unlikely to approach others unless when asked to do so.

We tend to internalize our thoughts and emotions.

We tend to follow rules quite literally.

Because we are socially awkward,

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

1 + eighteen =