Illustrating.. My First Special Interest

It’s a very exciting thing for me to share my illustrations with anyone.  While growing up, I gave probably hundreds of drawings to fellow classmates, random mall walkers, folks at coffee shops, etc.

I felt satisfaction knowing I was bringing some joy to others as a result.

It’s still a difficult decision for me to actually monetize it all by selling them online.  It’s funny (and, yes, I DO see the irony in this as well) that I’m publishing coloring books—see, I have NO appreciation for color apart from black, white, and grey (toss in chrome maybe).  It occurred to me, however, that if I despise color maybe others can do the coloring FOR me—hence coloring books.

Yesterday, I published the latest creation just in time for Halloween.  I do my most sales during this time of year because most of my work is a bit goth and macabre, anyway.

sampler
thumbs

Always, the most difficult thing in creating these is coming up with backgrounds.  I’m NOT a background illustrator—I specialize in faces and bodies. I compensate by taking photographs of or making use of stock photos (non-proprietary/public domain) of castles, landscapes, rooms, etc… then I draw right on top of them using my own style, of course.

Illustrating is the one talent I was born with and maintained since the age of three. It does continue to improve as I study other artists and integrate bits-and-pieces of their techniques into mine.

It thrills me to know that it’s actually OUT there in The World.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *